Olympic spirit

We visited the US Olympic Center and museum in Park City, Utah for the day and had a blast watching the athletes practice, taking in the beautiful views and even doing a little ziplining, or bobsledding.



The athletes were both skiiers and snowboarders practicing freestyle skiing and landing in the pool.

 The museum covers the Salt Lake City Games and you can view medals, hold a copy of the torch and feel how heavy the curling stone is.


Ziplining was next for some of us - and it was too much fun. I wasn't sure I wanted to do it - I am afraid of heights, or as I prefer to say, I am afraid of falling from heights - but I decided to go for it. And I'm so glad I did! (Can you see Mr UR and I in the photo above, in front of the rocky background?)


And then it was time for the boy to try his hand at bobsledding, to which he replied when his ride was over, "What have I been doing with my life? Why haven't I been bobsledding?" I will take that as a sign that he liked it!

Comments

Popular Posts