Quintessential Maine

We've traveled with good friends to Maine over the last few years sampling different parts of one of my favorite states. This time we happened upon the town of Boothbay Harbor which looks (at least to me) exactly what a harbor town in Maine should look like.




We walked the cute little town stopping into a few tourist shops with t-shirts and fudge - and I untypically resisted purchasing either. There were quite a few restaurants and a few galleries.





Then we took a walk down along the water. There are several companies that offer different sailings on schooners, sailboats, fishing boats and you can go on day trips, lighthouse tours, fishing or out to Monhegan Island - whatever you want I think they have it. We didn't do any boating that day but we did discover a house for sale


It's called the Bridge House and it sits right in the harbor. It is a one bedroom house with 1 full bath listed for $775,000 with views to die for. So if anyone out there wants to buy it for me, I am certainly open to the possibility! I'll share :)

Comments

Popular Posts