Friday, May 9, 2014

Boston Public Gardens

Robert McCloskey's books have always been some of my favorites so when I had the chance to visit Boston Public Gardens and see the Make Way for Ducklings statues, I was excited. I spent a beautiful spring afternoon strolling the gardens, watching the Swan Boats go by and people watching. I haven't been to alot of city parks, but Boston's Public Gardens is one of the most beautiful I have ever been to.







I'm linking up with www.walkingontravels.com so head on over and check out Friday Postcards

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful park!! And we love Robert McCloskey's also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally one of my happy places - so pretty in the spring! I took my son on a boat ride as a toddler and all he wanted to do was jump right in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that the duckling statues are all dressed up. They weren't the one time that I visited the Boston Public Gardens. I've always wanted to ride the swan boats, but we got there too late in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was there the week of the Marathon so the statues had their spring hats on and each duckling had a Marathon bib number on them. I can't tell you how excited I was to finally see the statues! And I also wanted to ride the swan boats but it was the first really nice spring day so the line was super long. Next time.

      Delete