January

Since I now have a full year of blogging under my belt, I've decided to add something new to the blog.  I'm going to be doing a monthly update - of where I went, my favorite eats and what I read  In a perfect world, I would travel all the time. For now, I try to go somewhere new or see something new at least once a month. That's doesn't always happen, but that's the goal. And I tend to do all my reading on the internet - hello, travel blog junkie! - or short and sweet magazine articles. So I've made a goal to read at least one book per month. I know, I know. That's not alot. But hopefully I'll surpass that by bunches. So here's January's recap:

Travel

Carnival Glory cruise to the Western Caribbean - Mexico, Belize and Honduras



We took a 30th Anniversary cruise on Carnival to the Western Caribbean with 4 ports of call. (If you want to read about the cruise ship, click here) It was a glorious (ha ha see what I did there?) week of fun, relaxation and perfect weather. In the news recently there was an article about a lady who has retired to a cruise ship. I'm not sure, but I think I could maybe do that!

Eat

Guy Fieri burgers and a croque monsieur



The food on the ship, of course, was wonderful.( Pictured above is a salted caramel pudding with hot toffee popcorn on top. Very unique) And, of course, part of that wonderfulness is not cooking for a whole week!

My favorite eats this month are tied: I love a good burger and the Guy Fieri burger bar on the ship was definitely a good burger. He uses a special "secret" sauce called Donkey Sauce and that makes the whole burger. And my other favorite eat this month was at a place called Crepes and Croissants in Columbia, SC where I ate a delicious croque monsieur. Sort of a ham and cheese panini but topped with a cheese and sour cream sauce. Mmmmm.....

Read

Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

I only managed one book this month and it was Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne. Since it was a classic, I thought that I had probably read it in high school or college. But nope. So it was my first time reading a Verne book - and I really liked it. Took me a little longer than most chick lit or mysteries as I had to take my time with all the classic vocabulary that you don't really find in current books.  A fun read.

So that's January in a nutshell. Hope you enjoyed it.

Comments

  1. This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Furniture Removal McKinney TX

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts