March

In the blink of an eye March is gone! Time sure flies when you're getting old! Here's my recap for the month of March:


Travel
After two big trips in January and February - our cruise on the Carnival Glory and a trip to Japan - my only travel in the month of March was a long weekend trip to Charleston, SC for my niece's wedding.( She was married at Boone Hall Plantation in Mt. Pleasant.) We went down on Friday and had a fun dinner at Shem Creek with friends and then went to the Comedy Theater at Theatre 99 to watch an improv show. Also  went to Sullivan's Island beach for the first time and had lunch at Poe's. Add in an evening at Stars Rooftop Bar and the wedding for a very fun weekend.



Eats
I've stated before that I really only eat out when traveling so my choice for favorite food this month was at Poe's Tavern on Sullivan's Island. It was a 45 minute wait for lunch but the burgers are delicious and it has a really fun atmosphere. I guess Southern Living is in the know about their restaurant choices!





Read
I managed to read 4 books this month. And I must've been on a kick about books from the past as 3 out of 4 of them took place in the 1930's. The first one I read was Sweet Mercy by Ann Tatlock which was about a young girl living in Ohio in the 30's. It didn't really knock my socks off so I can't say that I recommend reading it. The second book I read is The Boston Girl which is very popular right now. It is about a jewish girl who immigrates from Russia to Boston at the turn of the century and her life after that. I really liked it even though it had a bit of a slow start for me. Next was Rules of Civility by Amor Towles. This book took me forever to read ...but I also really liked it. It's about a girl living in New York City in ..yes, you guessed it, the 1930's.and her relationship with her best friend and a man she meets. And last but not least I had the privilege of seeing Garrison Keillor in his one man show - if you get a chance, go - so I wanted to read a few more of his books. I picked up Pilgrims at the library. His books are always funny and I'm a big fan.

So that wraps up March for me. How about you? How was March? Did you eat some really yummy food? Travel anywhere? Read some good books? Now on to April!

Comments

Popular Posts