November 2015

One last month left in 2015! And it's time to wrap up November - here we go!


Travel

I spent a fun day south of Asheville, North Carolina touring a few small towns and buying some apples at the farm stands there. My in-laws sold their house in Florida so we spent a week there helping pack up. Not a huge travel month, but they can't all be can they? Next month is a big one for travel - and I'm very excited!






Eat
Besides a delicious turkey meal for Thanksgiving, my favorite food I ate was at Coconut Jack's in southern Florida. Coconut Jack's is a bayfront restaurant specializing in seafood  - though I chose the blackened chicken and it was wonderful. Mr UR went for the seafood platter which he thought was pretty good but not excellent. Fantastic ambiance and service though.( Most other meals were routine eat-at-home or Thanksgiving leftovers.)





Read
I read three books this month:

Winter Street and Winter Stroll which were both by Elin Hildebrand. Taking place on the island of Nantucket off the coast of Massachusetts, I enjoyed these two Christmas books. (There is to be one more to come next year to complete the trilogy) I have read quite a few books by Elin Hildebrand - almost all of them take place on Nantucket or in Massachusetts- and I've liked all that I have read.

This Is Your Life, Harriet Chance by Jonathan Evison. What a fun and quirky book! A really easy and quick read, this book is about a woman who goes on a cruise after her husband's death and is forced to take a look back at her life through various events.


So there you have it - November! And on to December...


How was your November? Any great travel, eats or reads?

Comments

Popular Posts