September

I dropped the ball. Big time. I was updating this little blog monthly - and then every two months. Until May. And I haven't updated since then! So I'm taking a few moments now to remedy that situation and get caught up through the end of September. I was highlighting Travel, Eats and Reads but since I've gotten so far behind I'm just going to go month by month now.

May
My youngest daughter graduated from college in the beginning of May. We had not one but two parties to celebrate and a month long barrage of family visiting. No travels except to visit my in-laws in their new place of residence.



June
June finally started some traveling. Mr. UR and I headed to one of my favorite cities - Nashville - for a long weekend and attended the CMA Music Fest. I took a walking food tour of the city, we went to concerts and did a day bop around of the city seeing places I'd never seen before - the Parthenon (yep, a replica of that Parthenon), Hillsboro Village, the Gulch and Belle Meade.


A Nashville Walking Food Tour
Nashville's Belle Meade Plantation


We then spent a week with friends vacationing in St. Petersburg Beach, Florida. We laid by the pool, went to some Happy Hours and enjoyed the beautiful sunshine. I finally made it to the Salvador Dali Museum - after trying to see it a few times.



Sailing Florida's Boca Ciega Bay
Florida's Salvador Dali Museum



July
Most of July was spent at home enjoying the lake. At the end of July we flew to Denver (with an incredibly low fare of $180 from Charlotte to Denver on Frontier's newly minted flight route) to see our oldest and his girlfriend. We headed straight to southwestern Colorado and enjoyed Telluride, Ouray, Durango, rafting and a stay on a horse ranch I found through VRBO about a million years ago. I seriously bookmarked it in 2008!




Telluride, Colorado


August
The craziness really started in August as my mom came to visit for the month and we had a few family get togethers. My daughter flew home from Boston for 2 weeks and we made a trip to Savannah and Hilton Head before she and I flew to New York City. Mr. UR and I helped her relocate from Boston to New York the last week of August but made it home into to celebrate Labor Day Weekend. Whew!



Oh Savannah, You are a Charmer!


September
The craziness continued in September as we had something going on every weekend. We started with family here for Labor Day Weekend and the weekend after. Then my mom, sister and I went on a girls weekend to Birmingham, Alabama. And I was home one day before I headed to Ohio for a week to visit relatives and attend my high school reunion. So I'm totally enjoying this calm weekend at home!


A Weekend in Birmingham, Alabama

What's Coming Up?
Do you use The Flight Deal? If you don't, you should (and I'm not getting compensation for this plug - I just have found some great deals on this website) Way back in the spring they had a great deal from Charleston, South Carolina to San Francisco for $280 per person. Normal price is $480. I brought it up to Mr. UR who responded "Book it!" So I did. We haven't been to northern California in about 16 years so I'm excited to go back and re-visit some places and also see some new places. I'm calling this The Celebrate the Empty Nest Trip. Just the two of us road trippin around California. Should be interesting.

So there you have it. A wrap-up of the last 5 months. What have you been doing? And where have you traveled to?


Comments

Popular Posts