STAY: Tides Folly Beach



Tides Folly Beach, located just outside of Charleston, South Carolina, is a high-rise, oceanfront hotel. Driving down the Main Street of Folly, it's hard not to notice the Tides looming at the end of the road. A former Holiday Inn, the Tides is now an independently owned property - and it's also one of my favorite hotels. 




First off, the friendliness of the staff is beyond any other place I've stayed. Members of the staff greet you every time you walk into the lobby, they always say hi when you're walking around the grounds and the bar and wait staff engage you in conversation while you're waiting on your food or drinks. 




Service is fantastic, also. I've never waited more than a  few minutes for anything. If you need something, the staff will make sure you get it.





Location - right on the beach, next to the pier and within walking distance of several shops and restaurants - is the best around, too. Folly is such a small town that you don't have to drive far to get to what you need but the Tides is right amongst the action. If you want to visit Charleston for the day or evening, it's only a short 9 miles away. So you get the best of both worlds - city and beach.





There is a restaurant - Blu - on the grounds, an oceanfront bar, an oceanfront and heated swimming pool and a coffee shop for your morning coffee needs (and ice cream if you need that, too) They play movies every week on the beach that are free of charge, hold a killer New Years Eve party (so I'm told),host a New Years Day Oyster Roast and there is free parking for hotel guests. And, of course, if you want to get married on the beach, Tides Folly Beach can play host for your wedding - or they have elopement packages.







Every room has an ocean view - which means you have a view of the Folly Beach pier and the sunrise over it. They also have beachfront patio rooms so if you're there for the long haul, you can enjoy a first floor patio with a very short walk to the beach.








I'm most definitely a fan. Here's hoping I can make my way back there soon!


How about you? Have you been to Folly Beach? 

Find out more info about Tides Folly Beach here



I'd love for you to follow me on:
Facebook/Instagram



Linking up with: WATW at Communal Global, The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond, Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox and The Weekend Wanderlust Weekend Travel Blog Party!








Comments

  1. I have not been to Folly Beach, but it looks lovely. Much prettier (in my opinion) than Hilton Head. The water and beach looks cleaner. The sunrises are lovely!! You got some great photos of the beautiful skies! #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sara - and the sunrises are definitely worth getting up early for at Folly. Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  2. I can see why Tides is one of your favorite hotels, Jill. Oceanfront and all those amenities, what's not to like about it? It's great that every room has an ocean view. I'd love to see the sunrise from the Folly Beach pier. I haven''t been at the beach for a long time, although I'm only 45 minutes from Santa Monica beach. You made me want to go there this week-end. #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a good time for the beach - in my opinion at least :)! Thanks for the link-up- and for visiting, Anda!

      Delete
  3. Wow those views from the hotel are to kill for! What a dream! I never realized how beautiful South Carolina's beaches are! Thanks for linking up with #TheWeeklyPostcard!
    (www.caliglobetrotter.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Carolina's beaches are a bit of a hidden gem - and North Carolina's, too! Thanks for visiting, Lori!

      Delete
  4. The views from the hotel are really beautiful. I like how close you are to Charleston but it looks like you are in the middle of nowhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Folly Beaches' nickname is "The Edge of the World" since you are so seemingly so far removed from everything - but nicely close to the city. Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  5. This sound like a wonderfully luscious place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - a bit of a hidden gem on the coast of South Carolina! Thanks for visiting, Betty!

      Delete
  6. I love holidays by the beach with a view from the balcony. Thank you for taking us along. Happy travels and thank you for visiting my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love holidays with a view from the balcony, also - and thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  7. Wow, that is what I call a hotel with a great location! Those views of the pier are fantastic. I love places like this hotel. It doesn't matter if they are close to where I live. I just feel like I am resting when I am there! #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I am close enough to visit easily - it's a fantastic hotel. Thanks for visiting, Ruth!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts