A Stroll Through Savannah, Georgia's Oldest City

The coastal city of Savannah, the oldest city in Georgia, oozes charm. It's full of Spanish Moss, Antebellum Architecture and Southern Hospitality. It's fun for a weekend visit, a week of touring around or even a day trip.


I took a fun day trip last fall and since I only had one day, I decided to use the convenience of a hop on/ hop off tour. I spent the day on a trolley tour with Old Town Trolley Tours (they also offer evening Ghost Trolley Tours) There are 15 stops so that you may visit places such as the City Market, the Pirate's House and Forsyth Park. The trolley's are covered in case of inclement weather and your driver will not only be transporting you around but also giving you an overview of the city.



It was a gorgeous day and I was able to see the Jim Berendt house from Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil fame, pass by Juliet Gordon Lowe's house (founder of the Girl Scouts), pop into the stunning St. John's Cathedral, do a little shopping at the Savannah Bee Company and the Paris Market and take an enjoyable walk down the cobblestones of River Street.


Savannah is such an enjoyable city, no matter how much time you have, and I hope if you haven't been that you get a chance to visit sometime and experience their Southern Hospitality.

How about you? Have you visited Savannah?


Linking up with: My Corner of the World at Photographing New Zealand!


Comments

  1. The Spanish moss is so pretty! I haven't been to Savannah, but I would certainly love to visit this pretty Southern city!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you make it someday - it's a real Southern delight! Thanks for visiting, Sharon!

      Delete
  2. I was reading Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil in anticipation of my visit to Savannah. Hurricane Florence kept me from visiting. Your post has me thinking about trying to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florence was quite the beast especially on the NC and SC coast - sorry she ruined your plans. But if you get a chance to try again with Savannah, I think you'll enjoy her Southern hospitality, food and history. Thanks for stopping by, Rhonda!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts