A little bit of New England - in New York City

At this time last year, Mr. UR and I were helping our daughter move to New York City. I've been a few times and done many of the touristy things but there is certainly a plethora of things I've never done there. But I can cross  North River Lobster Company cruise off my list. Because I've done it.





The North River Lobster Company bills itself as "the largest floating lobster shack in NYC." It sails from Pier 81 on the Hudson River. For $10 per person per sail(which does NOT include your food - that's for the boat ride only), you can enjoy about an hour ride on the river with awesome views of Midtown Manhattan.












This was a proposal written by a skywriter. Did she/he say yes? We'll never know!

You board at Pier 81 - get there early if you want rooftop seating - which conveniently has a bar for drinks while you wait. Once you board, you pick your spot and enjoy a ride on the river. I would suggest ordering your food and drinks right away - it takes a little while for delivery and you only have an hour. (You order at the bar and then food is delivered to your table) Serving "fresh seafood, light fare, mason jar cocktails, buckets of beer, rose for days, and a raw bar" the boat ride is a fun, easy breezy, laid back, bar food, cocktail cruise on the Hudson. And sit back and" let New York become New England" Who knew? Really? Definitely not me!







For more info (and the source for the quotes above) go to: North River Lobster Company 


This post is part of a link-up with: Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox, Weekend Travel Inspiration at Reflections Enroute, The Weekend Wanderlust Weekend Travel Blog Party and The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond!











Comments

  1. lOOKS LIKE SUCH FUN! I LOVE TAKING BOAT RIDES WHEREVER I AM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too, Carol! And it was alot of fun - in fact, I wish it would've been a longer ride. Thanks for vistiing!

      Delete
  2. Had no idea this place existed! I am not even sure my sister knows about it (even though she has lived in the city for more than 8 years). I have to tell her about it since she is always looking for things to do. Thanks for the recommendation! #TPThursday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never heard of it either - I found about it from a blog ha ha! It was alot of fun and I hope your sister gets to go on it! Thanks for visiting, Ruth!

      Delete
  3. I've been to NYC quite a few times but have never taken a cruise for some reason. The sunset from the boat does look amazing though! #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to search out boat rides wherever we go so when I read about this I knew it was for me! And the sunset was pretty nice - it was quite peaceful on the river if you were away from the music. Thanks for visiting, Michelle!

      Delete
  4. Wow love the Lobster Cruise which gave you fantastic views of NYC. I must try this on my next visit to New York. I agree get there early to be able to get the top deck and take some great photos. Thanks for sharing! #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The views are awesome - even on the hazy day that we went. I highly recommend it! Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  5. What a great way to get out on the water and see the skyline, and get a good New England meal at the same time! Thanks for linking up this week, #wkendtravelinspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting, Corinne! And thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. A floating lobster shack. What a great idea. I would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a great idea also - so simple and yet not very well known. It was great fun! Thanks for visiting, Lyn!

      Delete
  7. I've never heard of this place, we only visit Manhattan when we go to New York. I think we should attempt to take this cruise on the Hudson river next time we are in New York. I like boat rides. #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you make it! And it is in Manhattan - it's on Pier 81 right in the city. Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts