Postcards from a Northern California Road Trip

Our Northern California Road Trip took place in the fall and we managed to hit many of the top spots to visit: Yosemite, Big Sur, Point Reyes National Seashore, Monterey and Napa Valley. The weather, with the exception of rain in Yosemite one day, was borderline perfect. Some of the trees had turned a delicious yellow and we enjoyed wine tasting, a hike amongst the big trees of Yosemite, seeing the elephant seals along the coast and a dinner with friends in San Francisco. It was all I had hoped it would be when we booked our bargain basement flights. Here are some photos that are, for whatever reason,  my favorites. 


Views along Highway 1

Purple Beach on Highway 1


Elephant Seals


On the road to Napa


Yosemite Falls


The big trees at Tuolumne Meadow in Yosemite


Yosemite's Chapel


Walkway at Yosemite


Tunnel View - Yosemite


Point Reyes National Seashore

Waves crashing on 17 Mile Drive


Rainbow in Monterey


Sunrise at Monterey Bay


17 Mile Drive outside of Monterey


The golden rolling hills of Northern California


Hanging out at El Capitan


View from Glacier Point at Yosemite

The clear waters of Lake Tahoe


Emerald Bay - Lake Tahoe


V. Sattui Winery in Napa all dressed up for autumn


Point Reyes Lighthouse


A view of the City by the Bay from a friend's house


Golden trees at Lake Tahoe


Purple sand beach off Highway 1

That Northern California fog rolling in



And just one out take for giggles - I kept saying how incredibly windy it was at Point Reyes National Seashore. So how about my hair?



Which picture is your favorite?


I'd love for you to follow me on:
FacebookInstagram


Linking up with: WATW at Communal Global, The Weekend Wanderlust Weekend Travel Blog Party , The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond and Travel Photo Thursday at Budget Travelers Sandbox!









Comments

  1. Picking a favorite is too hard! I would have to say the Lake Tahoe photos because we plan to visit in June. I love how clear the water is, and how deep blue Emerald Bay is. We always manage to hike or drive to Emerald Bay when we're in the Tahoe area. One of the most beautiful places on earth. Looks like you had a fabulous (and windy) trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun on your trip to Tahoe in June! Such an incredible place! Thanks so much for visiting, Sharon!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful! I am in Northern California right now, visiting San Francisco and going further up. It's a perfect weather. We won't make it to Yosemite this year though, so I kind of envy you. #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun on your trip - I just love Northern California! I am in Southern Cal right now so at the opposite end of the state than you :) Thanks for visiting - and thanks for the link-up!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful collection of photos from my favorite state ;-) It looks like you had most places to yourselves. My fave photos are the Lake Tahoe ones and that tunnel view of Yosemite. Have always loved that view but we’ve never been in Fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fall was the perfect time to visit - and we had most places to ourselves. The most crowds we saw were at the Elephant Seal Rookery, and in the pouring rain. It was pretty cool to have Lake Tahoe all to ourselves. Thanks for visiting, Mary!

      Delete
  4. I LOVE California and Yosemite is one of my favourite places in the whole world. I would really love to go back and explore the state at my own pace which would mean I could make as many stops as I'd like! Love all your photos but the Tunnel View and the boardwalk in Yosemite really stand out because I love the area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - it would be wonderful to take my time and explore all the little nooks and crannies at my own pace.And Yosemite is one of my favorite places ever! Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  5. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd say the Glacier Point at Yosemite picture, but really all of these photos look magical. What an absolutely epic trip. It's making really want to visit Yosemite and return to California again. #WeekendWanderlust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic trip! And I had to shoot quickly at Glacier Point as a huge fog was rolling in quickly - we had to hurry up and look :) Thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  6. one of my fav place for trip, even next month me too going there for 6 days trip with family. Hope everything would be perfect as you enjoyed a lot in your trip. Thanks for sharing good trip experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your trip there next month! And thank you for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  7. I knew you were going to ask that dreaded question. I cannot choose just one if you cut off my thumb. They are all fantastic and each one has a story to tell. The coast is certainly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary! And thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  8. I loved the first one with the views along highway and everything from Yosemite! I hope I´ll get to visit this amazing national park soon and get to explore more of the Northern California (cause I've only been to San Francisco so far) #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty amazing place!Thanks for visiting, Anna!

      Delete
  9. You have some wonderful images for souvenirs! That little church is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! Photos are my favorite souvenirs. And thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts