Postcards from 35,000 feet - 2019 Edition

I like a window seat when traveling. I love to look down on the places we're flying over and find all the unique sights. And for the last few years I've highlighted some of my favorite photos from 35,000 feet in the air. (As for photo quality, all of these were shot from an airplane window on my phone)

Here is the 2019 edition:



The city I fly into and out of the most - Charlotte, North Carolina


Bavarian farmland - flying into Munich, Germany


Flying into London's Heathrow - I think that's Wembley Stadium (feel free to correct me or let me know if that's right)


That's Sydney Harbor - flying back from the Great Barrier Reef


The New Bern area of North Carolina - flying into Raleigh-Durham


The moody mountains of Asheville, North Carolina


Somewhere over Germany


The Jet d'Eau fountain in Geneva, Switzerland


A lighthouse somewhere in Australia


A beach off the coast of Ireland - flying into Dublin


Los Angeles in the early morning hours


London's sprawl - flying into Heathrow


Carowinds Amusement Park in Charlotte, North Carolina


Over Switzerland


Shadows over Englands countryside outside of London


The cloud covered islands of Quebec


The blue green waters off the Southern coast of England


Bye Sydney! And Australia's coast


Flying into Heathrow. Anyone? I'm not sure

And one from the ground....
Welcome to Ireland!


How about you? Are you a window or aisle seat person? (Cause no one actually picks middle, do they?)

For past Postcards from 35,000 feet editions click here or here


Linking up with: My Corner of the World at Photographing New Zealand!






Comments

  1. Beautiful pictures. Love the Bavarian farmland. I too love taking pictures from the air though I haven't travelled much since the smartphone has arrived.


    dropping by from the MCoW linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it fun to see what there is out the airplane window. The patchwork land in Germany is pretty cool to see.

    'My Corner of the World' wouldn't be the same without you this week!
    My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty! And thanks for visiting - and for the link-up!

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of this series: Postcards from Above (35,000 feet)! I always like to se other people's pictures from up high. Truth be told, I am not a big fan of the window seat, so I don't get to take too many of those, hahaha! Beautiful pics, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anda! And thanks for dropping by The Unpaved Road!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts