How's everyone doing?

Well, how's everyone doing? Hanging in there? It seems that all we can do is take things one day at a time. The past week has been beyond crazy, hasn't it? I've had my mom here for the last 3 weeks and we managed to take in a production of Les Mis for her birthday in Greenville, SC and then we made a short detour to Myrtle Beach to take in a few more shows - at 92 her health is pretty good but there isn't a whole lot she can do - she does love a good, entertaining show though. Upon our return on Wednesday, all hell broke loose with the Corona virus and cancellations. Our schools haven't cancelled yet here, but I'm expecting it to happen any day. I have a flight to San Diego booked for April for which I am taking a wait and see attitude. And Mr. UR and I have a trip scheduled for May that is also still on a wait and see basis. Luckily, it can be rescheduled anytime through the end of 2021 so I'm not too worried about it - we'll still get to take the trip.


Even with all the craziness I'm still planning on writing blog posts about travel - obviously it will be, as it always has on here, posts about past travel. I hope that you can enjoy some travel daydreaming until we can all travel again. 


I'm sending prayers for sanity for those that are home eschooling with their kids and especially for those that have to work and deal with the nightmare of child care for kids who are usually at school. I'm sending prayers of hope and recovery for those that are afflicted with the virus and ill health - may this be contained and over with soon. And I hope that you found toilet paper to purchase it if you needed it! :)

I know everyone can do their own research on the Corona virus and tips for social distancing, when to go to the doctor, etc.. but I thought I'd share this video of how people in Italy on lockdown are rallying together with music. I hope you enjoy it.




How about you? How are you faring?

Comments

Popular Posts