Photos from a Window Seat 2026

 It's time for my annual Photos from a Window Seat post! If you're new here, I always pick a window seat when I fly and my favorite thing to do is look out the window and watch the ground below me go by. So these are my favorite photos from my last year of travel. (Please bear in mind that a window of an airplane is not super conducive to photography - scratched and dirty windows, sometimes a bit of ice, fingerprints - but I still give it a the college try)

Flying through San Diego - I've been told the pilot needs a special training to do this

The cliffs of Crete

Portland, Maine

Jacksonvilles' St. Johns River

A small Greek island from the air

A very empty flight from Toronto to Denver (It did fill up a bit more after the photo)


De-icing is necessary in winter in Colorado


Lots of snow in Greenland

The now iconic Sphere in Las Vegas

Farmlands of Colorado

Snow on the Rockies





Leaving Portland, Maine

The shoreline of the Big Island of Hawaii

Coming in to JFK

Big Island of Hawaii coastline

A beautiful sunset landing in Denver

Surprise! Northern Florida is really green


Lake Huron and Lake Erie

Over Lake Erie into Cleveland 



Just before landing in Kona, Hawaii

The white houses and coastline of Athens



Cape Cod

Flying over a cemetery in New York

Cape Cod

The beauty of the Colorado Rockies

Somewhere between Denver and Vegas

Outside of Denver

The suburbs of Las Vegas



Lake Mead and Hoover Dam (can you spot the bridge?)



Long Island Sound

Lake Mead



A cargo ship on Lake Erie

Lake Mead

A ferry boat in the Greek islands

Mainland Greece


The best view. Coming home to a Denver sunset!


Mansion on Long Island


Utah - I think

How about you? Are you a window seat photo taker?

Comments

Popular Posts