My favorite photos from Korea

 I'm wrapping up our trip to Korea today with some of my favorite photos from our trip. We spent five days in Seoul, then flew to Jeju Island, an island off the southern coast of Korea, with a sidetrip to Udo Island, an island off the coast of Jeju Island. I enjoyed my trip to Korea - the Korean people were warm and friendly, the food was delicious, and there's so much to see and do that I feel we only touched the tip of the iceberg. Plus there was the added bonus of spending time with my youngest daughter - who lived there for 1 1/2 years - and see her world for a time.

Per usual, some of these photos you've seen before and some you haven't. I hope you enjoy seeing Korea through my lens! 


If you're interested in reading more about my trip to Korea, here are some blog posts:
Seoul - Day One
Seoul Day 2: Murals, A Lantern Festival and Walking the City Walls
Visiting Seoul's Gyeongbokgung Palace
3 Must-Do's in Seoul
Seoul: The War Memorial of Korea, Cruffins and Craft Beer
Top Ten Things to Do on Jeju Island
Spending a Day on Korea's Udo Island


Lighthouse at the harbor of Udo Island
Leaving Udo
Yongsan Family Park in Seoul
Statue in Yongsan Family Park
Teens wearing traditional Hanbok clothing at Gyeongbokgung Palace
Seonim Bridge on Jeju
Overseer of the Changing of the Guard at Gyeongbokgung Palace
Decorations at a house in Bukchon Hanok village

Burial grounds on Jeju Island
Fog at Seonim Bridge on Jeju
Buddha's birthday celebration
A couple wearing traditional Hanbok clothing at the palace
Lily pads at Gyeongbokgung Palace
Seoul as seen through the letters of the Seoul sign in Yeouido Hangang Park
The basalt columns of Jeju's UNESCO World Heritage sight - Jusangjeolli Cliffs
The black lava on Udo Island
Dol Hareubang or Stone Grandfather Statues at Jeju Stone Park
Election year posters of presidential candidates (they are known by their numbers) in Seoul - Candidate Number One was the winner!
The very modern Dongdaemun Plaza
Jeju Stone Park
The Blue House - Korea's Presidential Home
The beauty of Gyeongbokgung Palace in Seoul
A view of Seoul
The city of Seoul in the background while girls in traditional Hanbok clothing walk through the village and a couple takes a selfie
My favorite meal in Korea at a restaurant near the beach on Jeju - a mix of western and Korean food: Donkkaseu (pork cutlet) with sauce, rice, french fries,peas, pineapple and salad/slaw with sauce
Dragon Head Rock on Jeju Island
My daughter driving on Udo Island
The entrance to Gyeongbokgung Palace
A fish sculpture in Seoul
Rooftop gardens in Seoul
A beach on Udo Island


How about you? Which one is your favorite photo of Korea?


I'm linking up with: Wednesday Around the World at Communal Global and The Weekly Postcard at Travel Notes and Beyond!

Comments

  1. The colorful Hanbok clothing caught my eye! My friend's son recently married a young Korean lady and she had a Hanbok made in Korea for the wedding. So beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your trip so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon - and thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  2. I have so enjoyed looking at these pictures. I've never been to S. Korea, so I found these particularly interesting. (Several reminded me of places I visited in Japan.). I especially like the one of the foggy bridge.

    #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ericka! That is my favorite photo also! And thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  3. I have only spent a few days in Seoul so I definitely need to go back to Korea. Great photos. Jeju Island and Udo Island look beautiful. Thanks for sharing on #TheWeeklyPostcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thank you for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete
  4. Some beautiful snapshots of your lovely holiday! Sounds like you had a really enjoyable time in Seoul! Thanks for linking up with #TheWeeklyPostcard!
    (www.caliglobetrotter.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for visiting The Unpaved Road - and for the link-up!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos! The columns on the cliffs are my favorite, I think. I love to see teens wearing taditional clothing, it's alway snice to know that traditions are still alive, even in the younger generations. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I feel the same way about carrying traditions on - I love seeing it. Thanks so much for visiting The Unpaved Road!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts